Learn to Teach Baby Massage
Become a Certified Infant Massage Educator with Infant Massage Australia. As a certified Infant Massage Educator Trainer with Infant Massage Australia Inc, Amanda co-facilitates a 3-day Infant/Baby Massage Educator Training workshop where you can learn to teach parents and caregivers infant/baby massage – empowering them to connect with their children through nurturing touch.
Infant Massage Australia’s mission is to empower parents and enrich families through the nurturing touch of infant massage – fostering healthy communication, understanding and a love for children in our society. We use touch, our first language, to enhance our expression of love, caring and respect, to aid in the bonding process.
Infant Massage Educator Training Workshop
Face-to-Face (Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne)
$995 (Early Bird pricing of $845, if paid by 1 October 2021)
About the Course
Our Certified Infant Massage Educator training is relationships focussed centred on developing healthy bonds and secure attachment between babies and their care givers.
Teaching Infant Massage is a rewarding opportunity, promoting well-being and enhancing bonding between infants and their caregivers. Infant massage assists the growth and development of baby’s body, mind and spirit. In addition it can bring relief to complaints of colic, constipation, respiratory disorders and sleeping difficulties.
You can contribute to this essential communication by becoming a Certified Infant Massage Educator. No previous massage experience is necessary.
Learn to Teach Baby Massage Educator Training is conducted in Brisbane and Sydney.
The Workshop covers:
- Infant Massage benefits
- Importance of infant communication
- A massage sequence including appropriate use of oils, seeking permission and the “best time” to massage
- Working with parent groups
- Bonding and attachment
- Unexplained early infant irritability
- High need families
- Trauma, touch deprivation and infant release
- Adaptations for the older child
- Children with additional needs
- Practical teaching of families
- Promotion, passion and persistence
The tuition fee includes:
- A four day workshop which we are presenting in a condensed 3 day format
- Amelia Auckett’s book – Baby Massage
- Vimala McLure’s book – Infant Massage – A Handbook for Loving Parents
- Extensive Handouts
- Assessment of the Study Module
- Membership of Infant Massage Australia Inc. Connecting you with a network of practitioners promoting and assisting the work of its members and enabling access to warehouse materials for use in practice and promotion.
- Ongoing support and resources
Full Accreditation (Certification) with Infant Massage Australia Inc. is achieved by completing a study module after the four-day workshop. You will be expected to work with families during this time. You can however use this work with families immediately following the four day workshop.
For those attending the course over two weekends, it is expected that you will work with the families between our two weekends together.
Who is it designed for?
The Infant Massage Australia Educator Training Workshops are designed for:
- Massage practitioners
- Child health nurses
- Parents and grandparents
- Other healthcare professionals
- Anyone interested in working with families
Our facilitators both have over 22 years commitment in teaching and promoting infant massage as well as many years in other health professional roles. They are executive members of Infant Massage Australia, a non-profit group bringing nurturing touch to Australian families.
Rachel Maunder has a nursing background with experience in recovery room and operating theatres. She is a remedial massage practitioner who has specialised her massage and courses for pregnancy and babies as her own family of three children has grown
Amanda Buckmaster is a remedial massage practitioner specialising in treatments for women and children. A mother of two, Amanda is also qualified in Australian Bush Flower Essences and aromatherapy. Amanda also holds certificates in adult education and stress management.