Teach Baby Massage
Infant/Baby Massage Educator Training
Teaching Infant/Baby Massage is a rewarding opportunity, promoting well-being and enhancing bonding between infants and their caregivers. Our Certified Infant Massage Educator training is relationships focussed, centred on developing healthy bonds and secure attachment between babies and their care givers.
Four Day Workshop
- Includes strokes, teaching classes, infant communication, bonding, attachment and high need families
- Two infant massage books by world champions of Baby Massage
- Extensive Handouts
- Assessment of the Study Module for full accreditation
- Membership of Infant Massage Australia Inc.
- Ongoing support and resources
- Relaxing venue overlooking the Brisbane River
Secure your Spot
Deposit of $100 is required to secure your spot.
Get an early bird discount, if you book 6 weeks before for $845 (discount of $150). Full payment is $995.
View more details below. Contact Amanda via email or on 0409 614 467.
Details about Teaching Baby/Infant Massage
Baby massage can bring relief to complaints of colic, constipation, respiratory disorders and sleeping difficulties. With Baby Massage we use touch, our first language, to enhance our expression of love, caring and respect, to aid in the bonding process.
You can contribute to this essential communication by becoming a Certified Infant Massage Educator. No previous massage experience is necessary.
Amanda Buckmaster from the Nurturing Connection is a trainer with Infant Massage Australia and co-facilitates the four day Infant Massage Educator Training Workshops in Queensland and the Northern Territory.
The Educator Training involves a four-day intensive training course in which participants are taught a massage sequence specifically designed for infants.
In addition, the course will explore the benefits of infant massage, enhancing the bond between parent and infant, premature and special needs babies, and adaptations for the growing child.
Participants will be qualified as a Certified Infant Massage Educator with IMA on completion of the training course, a written take-home exam and practical work. They are then able to teach parents/care-givers to massage their babies either individually or in small group settings. Educators are also able to conduct in-service talks/demonstrations to related health professionals.
Infant Massage Enrolment Form
“Infant massage… Communicating Love through Touch”
The Workshop covers:
- infant massage benefits
- a massage sequence
- bonding and attachment
- trauma and touch deprivation
- children with additional needs
- importance of infant communication
- working with parent groups
- high need families
- adaptations for the older child
- practical teaching of families
The Infant Massage Australia Educator Training Workshops are designed for:
- massage practitioners
- child health nurses
- parents and grandparents
- other healthcare professionals
- anyone interested in working with families